Friday, March 18, 2011

Jude Law

You are watching Jude Law photo Jude Law talking 692987You are watching Jude Law photo Jude Law talking 253643You are watching Jude Law photo Jude Law talking 139166
You are watching Jude Law photo Jude Law smiling 689114
You are watching Jude Law photo Jude Law laughing 418933
You are watching Jude Law photo Jude Law interview 841027
Jude Law

Biography
Jude Law

Date of Birth
29 December 1972, Lewisham, London, England, UK

Birth Name
David Jude Law

Height
5' 11½" (1.82 m)

Mini Biography
Jude Law was born December 29, 1972, in south east London. He started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre at the age of 12, and, at 17, he dropped out of school completely, to star in a Granada daytime TV Soap called "Families" (1990). In 1992, Jude began his stage career. He starred in many plays throughout London, and was nominated for the Laurence Olivier Award of "Outstanding Newcomer." After doing the play "Indiscretions" in London, he moved and did it again on Broadway. This time, he was alongside Kathleen Turner. He then received a Tony Nomination for "Outstanding Supporting Actor." He was then rewarded the Theatre World Award. After Broadway, Jude started on the big screen, in many independent films. His first big-named movie was Gattaca (1997), with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. He also had a good role in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997). Jude's latest rise to fame has been because of The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), in which he plays Matt Damon's obsession. The film did very well at the box office, and critics loved Jude's acting. He is also a partner in the production company "Natural Nylon." His partners include Jonny Lee Miller, Ewan McGregor and his ex-wife Sadie Frost. With his production company producing and Jude acting, his career seems to be on the rise.

IMDb Mini Biography By: bcnu_84@hotmail.com

Spouse
Sadie Frost (2 September 1997 - 29 October 2003) (divorced) 3 children

Trade Mark
Green eyes

Often plays a representative of the ideal man (The Talented Mr. Ripley, Gattaca, Artificial Intelligence: AI )


Trivia
Former roommate of Ewan McGregor.

On People (USA) magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' list in 2000 and 2004.

Jude's parents, Peter Law & Maggie Law, were school teachers, but now run a theater company in France. He has one older sister, Natasha, who is a photographer.

Has a tattoo on his left forearm of words from The Beatles song, "Sexy Sadie", which states "You came along to turn on everyone Sexy Sadie", representing his ex-wife, Sadie Frost.

During a guest appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992), Jay Leno asked him where his name came from, and he replied that he was named after The Beatles song "Hey Jude". [15 June 2001]

Dropped out of the movie From Hell (2001).

Welcomed third child son Rudy on September 10, 2002. The baby weighed 5lbs 5oz.

Broke a rib after falling backwards while filming the murder scene on the boat in the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999).

He kept the shirts his characters in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997) and Gattaca (1997) worn in the scenes when they were killed.

When joining the N.Y.M.T., he was placed in the wrong dormitory because they thought he was a girl because of his name. He never told anyone but was soon caught and moved.

Supports Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in London, UK.

Was originally considered for the role of Shinzon of Remus in Star Trek: Nemesis (2002).

Named "Sexiest Man Alive" 2004 by People Magazine.

Was the host of "Saturday Night Live" (1975) the night of the infamous Ashlee Simpson-Wentz incident.

Children: Son Rafferty Law (born October 6th 1996), Daughter Iris Law (born October 25th 2000) and Son Rudy Indiana Otis Law (born September 10th 2002) with Sadie Frost.

Was nominated for Broadway's 1995 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Play) for "Indiscretions."

Attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama

Has done 2 movies with director Anthony Minghella, The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) and Cold Mountain (2003), and got Oscar nominations for both. He is now doing a third movie with Minghella, Breaking and Entering (2006).

Is a former partner in the production company Natural Nylon.

Dropped out of school at age 17, to star in the daytime soap "Families" (1990).

Nominated for the Laurence Olivier Award of Outstanding Newcomer.

Received the Ian Charleson Award for Outstanding Newcomer for "Les Parents Terribles" ("Indiscretions").

At the age of 12, started acting with the National Youth Music Theatre.

Learned to play saxophone for the film The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999).

Band Brand New has a song named after him, titled 'Jude Law and a Semester Abroad', featured on their album Your Favorite Weapon.

Became engaged to actress Sienna Miller in January 2005. In July 2005, she ended the engagement and he publicly apologized for cheating on her with nanny Daisy Wright. They reconciled briefly and broke up again in 2006.

He and his ex-wife Sadie Frost fought a custody battle for over 2 years.

Attended the Cream reunion at the Royal Albert Hall in May of 2005.

Kate Moss is the godmother of his daughter Iris

Considered for the role of Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).

Good friends with Rachel Weisz.

Voted #3 in Elle (France) Magazine's "15 Sexiest Men" poll (June 2007).

Is a huge fan of Little Britain.

Plays the lead role in Alfie (2004) and Sleuth (2007). Both films had previously been made with Michael Caine in the roles played by Law.

Director Bryan Singer originally wanted him to play Zod in Superman Returns (2006). That role was previously played by Terence Stamp, who originally played the title role of Alfie on stage.

Good friends with Jonny Lee Miller and Ewan McGregor.

In 2007, he spent 10 days in Afghanistan touring the country and filming a documentary.

Friend of Andrea Logiudice.

Originally was godfather of Kate Moss' daughter Lila, but when he got divorced from Sadie Frost, with whom Moss was close friends with, she relieved him of all duties.

Model Samantha Burke revealed that she is seven months pregnant with a baby girl by Law. They met each other outside of a New York night club while Law was shooting Sherlock Holmes (2009) and had a very short relationship that was already over by the time Burke discovered she was pregnant. [August 2009]

On September 22nd, 2009, Samantha Burke gave birth a baby girl named Sophia. She is the fourth child for Jude, who has three other children with his ex-wife, Sadie frost. Sophia weighed 5lbs, 12oz at birth.

Vacationed with his family in Brazil. [December 2008 - January 2009]

Reconciled with former fiancée Sienna Miller after they appeared in separate stage productions in New York (October 2009).

Jude and Sienna Miller have ended their relationship, again [February 9, 2011].


Personal Quotes
My only obligation is to keep myself and other people guessing.

I would never know how to sell myself as a sex symbol. That's not how I'm programmed.

[...] you go to the National with your parents and think: 'I'd love to be here.' And then suddenly you are. It's a dream come true.

I've always thought Prince Charming in Cinderella was the most boring role; I'd rather be the Wicked Witch.

I honestly have no interest in celebrity whatsoever. If anything, I always cringe at it because it takes away from what I am, which is an actor who wants to be better and do better things.

I don't want to do anything that I'm not passionate about.

Success, and even life itself, wouldn't be worth anything if I didn't have my wife and children by my side. They mean everything to me.

I have no problem with nudity. My friend Ewan and I are starkers in most of our films.

I think it's a bigger risk following a part that plays up your looks than it is to try and carve out a career as an actor.

On his role in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) - "I told Anthony that if I play Dickie Greenleaf, I want to eat in the best restaurants and drink the best wines every night because he would".

{About working on Enemy at the Gates (2001)) "Yeah, I got blown up, cut up...I remember actually, when I had to go the Ripley premiere which was happening at that time, I arrived with this huge gash in my head. Very cool, really".

(About his injury during Dickie's death scene in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)) "Matt [Damon] broke my rib! But I think I strained his neck, we got a little bit carried away".

(about how he got the role of Gigolo Joe) "Through one of those fantastical phone calls when your agent calls you and says 'Stephen Spielberg is on the phone, he wants to speak to you about his next film.' And once you've peeled yourself of the ceiling you go, *clears throat* Yeah, great."

(about the paparazzi) "I throw root vegetables at them."

Bosie [from the movie Wilde] was the first part I was ever offered, which I suppose is sort of an insult because he's just the nastiest bastard!

Well, I had to do a nude scene [in the play Indiscretions], and you're on stage naked but you get over it, you do whatever you have to do. But the first night, my character is just getting out of the bath, and the rest of the crew had poured in freezing cold water.

The truth is, one can work for another ten years and be playing parts, pushing yourself as hard as you can, and you are still accused of that. You're still tainted with that brush. I'm not called Jude Law, I have three names; I'm called 'Hunk Jude Law' or 'Heartthrob Jude Law'. In England anyway, that's my full name. That's the cheap language that's thrown around, that sums you up in one little bracket. It doesn't look at your life. But if one looks beyond, there is actually a little bit more.

I've always liked what Thomas More said in Utopia, which is that in Utopia every person is allowed their own lifestyle and religion but no one is allowed to stand on a soapbox and tell others that theirs is right. I thought that was brilliant. Brilliant.

The only film I ever made for money was something called Music From Another Room, which I really didn't like.

I only want to do the kind of work that I would like to go and see, that's going to teach me something new, that involves working with people I can learn something from and I can give something to.

I never thought I had to forge a family, but it felt the most natural thing that ever happened to me - meeting someone and becoming a father.

There were two instances where the police were called for whatever reason to my old house and they sold the story, telling lies. The police were responding to phone calls that happened, but they were then coming out and creating an atmosphere, a drama, when actually nothing had happened; there were no charges pressed. But that's the High Court and then the police selling stories, so how are you going to live in a country and feel safe?

"Face it, I didn't become famous until I took my clothes off" - (People Magazine 3/26/01)

"It's not ideal for me that they come out all one after the other in four or five months. I did them all because I found them very different different kinds of films, different kinds of parts. And I hope people recognize the variety rather than the onslaught". [On Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004), I Heart Huckabees (2004), Alfie (2004), Closer (2004/I) and The Aviator (2004) coming out within 6 months of each other. He actually did them in the last two years.]

As a culture, the West has found itself in a strange, not battle of the genders, but battle in one's own gender. There's been so much equalizing that we've all kind of lost a little sense of who and what we're about, and a certain amount of definitions of who and what being a woman and being a man is about. It's almost like a murky middle ground that sometimes diffuses the definition and out of that has indeed spawned, in certain areas, misogynism.

I just want to say I am deeply ashamed and upset that I've hurt Sienna and the people most close to us.

(2004 quote) I've spent most of my free time the past 10 years traveling in Southeast Asia. It started with a trip to Vietnam, because we were told it could be a wonderful place to visit. I loved it and have been to Cambodia, China, Malaysia and Bali. Now I'm intrigued to see places like South America or Africa. I like the idea of constantly discovering.

It was cold, very, very cold. I don't remember a lot of daylight, just endless hours of being buried in rubble, interrupted by lots of raising collective spirits by singing Russian folk songs. Can our genuine physical suffering be seen on film? I bloody hope so. (On filming Enemy at the Gate)

It was the first time I felt I was making a script I believed in, and that I'd see something onscreen close to what I'd hoped, rather than this vaguely confusing wilderness my jobs had been to this point. It was my first project with quality minds behind it, Jersey Films, Andrew Niccol, and Ethan Hawke, who was a joy to work with. I felt we had a real meeting of the minds. (On making Gattaca)

On his role in AI: Spielberg's approach to Gigolo Joe was the perfect middle ground, compared to Kubrick's far darker original vision. The character was originally much more aggressive, sinister, and far from Spielberg's revised conception as an innocent who's abused. He's a hooker who ultimately comes round to learning to love in a different way.

Hamlet is a bit like a great song that's been covered by a load of different singers. It's like Bob Dylan, Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell all covering the same song. But they would each bring a different sound and colour to it. (May 2009)


Salary
Sherlock Holmes (2009) $9,000,000
Closer (2004/I) $9,500,000
Alfie (2004) $8,000,000
Cold Mountain (2003) $10,000,000
The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) $745,000

Where Are They Now
(May 2008) Filming in L.A.

(July 2009) Playing Hamlet at Wyndham's Theatre in London

(August 2009) Playing Hamlet in Denmark at Kronborg Castle All shows sold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment